This site is intended for those affiliated with the University of Michigan College of Engineering who are looking for academic positions during the 2017-2018 school year. The information on the website will be provided directly by PhDs and Postdocs who will also be responsible for communicating updated information to the website management team at email@example.com.
- PhD Alum (graduated from U-M between 2013-2017 and a current Postdoc at U-M or elsewhere)
- PhD Student (candidate level)
- Postdoc (non U-M graduate, current Postdoc at U-M)
- All PhDs and Postdocs must be pursuing a faculty level academic position during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Posting Your Profile on the Site
To have your profile included on the website, complete this Website Profile Form. Your profile will be populated on the site based on your response to the survey questions. First, employers will click on the department for a list of potential candidates. From there, they will click on your name to review your personal profile. To view a sample PhD profile, click here. For a sample Postdoc profile, click here.
Timeline for Profile Information on the Site
- Submission Deadline:
- Your profile (including photo) must be submitted through the Website Profile Form by Friday, July 14, in order to be included on this site for Fall 2017.
- CVs may be submitted with your Website Profile Form by Friday, July 14, or separately via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) through Friday, September 1, 2017.
- Submission Review:
- Once your profile has been posted, you will be asked to review it on the website for verification. If there are any changes that need to be made, please submit them to email@example.com by Thursday, August 10, 2017.
- Profile Updates (after September 1, 2017):
- Updates will be accepted on a rolling basis via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and posted to your profile once a week.
- Your profile will remain on the site until the end of the academic year.
The College of Engineering will provide a free photo session for your consideration. Here is how it works:
- Register for a 30-minute time period using the link next to the photo session.
- Dress professionally! Your photograph will be used as your account image on the PhDs and Postdocs website and viewed by potential employers, so it is important to represent yourself appropriately and professionally.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment period and plan to stay throughout the entire 30-minute session.
- Photographs are taken on a first-come, first-served basis within each appointment period.
- You will receive the two best images from your session.
- You will have electronic access to your photos within 4 weeks.
- You MUST size your choice of photo to 150 x 150 pixels prior to submission.
- If you are taking your own photo, use the highest resolution possible. Avoid increasing the size of the photo to meet the 150 x 150 pixel requirement.
The next photo session is scheduled for:
- The next planned photo session will be held on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 in the Lurie Biomedical Engineering Building Atrium (LBME).
- Please Note: Space is limited and advance registration is required through the request form available here. On the request form, please select the three best times for your schedule. You will receive an email confirming your time slot closer to the event date.
If you are unable to attend a photo session, you can still submit a photo via your Website Profile Form for approval. You MUST size your photo to 120 x 142 pixels in advance. Please keep these dimensions and the purpose of this site in mind when submitting a photo. If no photo is available, a University of Michigan photo will be used as a placeholder.